Monday, April 7, 2008

A Shiny New Shower Pan

Things are really coming along now in the master bath. Bill started building the shower pan, putting up the Hardibacker, and tiling the floors and walls. Check it out!

First he laid down a layer of concrete and made a nice slope to the drain.


Two days later he came back and put down blue plastic and the 2ND layer of concrete. It sounded so complicated when Luke and I looked it up online. If we knew it was that easy...


He started tiling the shower walls this weekend. I think I like our tile. Okay, I do. There was just so much to choose from, and I can't help but question my decisions. I'm no professional designer. I wish we could have done the entire shower in the glass tile, but it would have pushed the budget beyond our means.

Here is a close up of the glass tile. It actually looks pretty good against the porcelain here. Maybe I do love it?

Oh, and we got a new window. It's super energy efficient and it lets in a lot more light. It cranks out towards the master bedroom deck... just in case you ever want to toss something at someone in the tub. This custom window was ordered and installed by Ted Tolen at Unlimited Windows. Want one? Call Ted today at 615-254-6700. His service and expertise are unrivaled in the Middle Tennessee area. Oh yeah, he's my dad too.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once your bathroom is completed and the lighter colors are there to compliment the glass tile, you'll be in love with it. Right now the glass is reflecting a lot of the darkness on the walls. That'll get better. :) Looks like you're making a lot of progress!

Jennifer said...

You'll love it when it's done! I think it will look AWESOME.

Liz said...

Your bathroom is going to be incredible! I love that you feel my pain when it comes to creating a master bathroom.