Sunday, March 30, 2008

So Long Racist Laundry Mat Lady

I didn't know you very well, but the way you whispered "The Mexicans" said it all. Sure you washed and folded my clothes for a mere 80 cents a pound, but you also stole my plastic hangars. Well, no more! Our laundry room is finally done.


Our tile man, Bill, came earlier this week. It only took him a few hours. It would have taken us at least 2 days.
We spent Friday night painting it and Saturday touching up the paint and installing the baseboards. It should have only taken one coat, but we were idiots and bought cheap paint. Never again.
Bill loaned us his saw and nail gun for the job. This was Luke's first time installing baseboards and I think he did an excellent job.


Here is a picture of the room before. This tiny bathroom was useless, and I hated the white tile and black grout.

Here is a better picture of the tile pre-baseboards. As you can see, I won the diagonal vs. brick pattern argument. We had originally chosen a lighter grout color, but Bill convinced us to go dark. I think it looks great!

1 comment:

ajtolen21 said...

It is so clean and sleek looking, yet homey and warm at the same time! I love it! I like the brick pattern look!