Monday, April 7, 2008

Found: One French Drain

Luke and I said goodbye to winter and starting doing some work on the outside of the house.



This photo sums up what we have been doing. I have been planting, and Luke has been french drain hunting with his metal detector. I planted some lady ferns in the planters by the porch stairs. It's been 2 weeks and no sign of baby ferns. I am so impatient.

Luke started messing around in the gravel driveway and found the hole that the gutter is supposed to run into. He rented a snake and got out his metal detector. I knew that thing was eventually going to be useful.


He used the metal detector to find the end of the snake and started digging. He eventually found the exit point in the drainage ditch by the road. We hooked the gutters back up and now our Porte Cache/Carport doesn't turn into a pond when it rains...which has been a lot lately. Why would someone cover that up?

No comments: