Monday, January 14, 2008

Tackling the Interior

Finally! Here are some pics of the inside (pre-boxes)


The living room is great except for the fireplace. The brick isn't real or original. It's actually only 1/4 inch thick and cemented to the drywall. The piano is beautiful but it dosen't work. Keys are missing and every C is broken. Luckily our movers took it off our hands for free! My cousin is planning on giving me a working piano that belonged to my Grandmother. I haven't played in a long time. Hopefully it will all come back to me.



I love the stairscase! We plan on refinishing all of the floors. Of course I want the stairs to match, but we have heard that refinishing them will be very labor intensive. Maybe it's something we can tackle on our own. If we mess up we can just throw down a runner!


I don't love this kitchen but remodeling it is the last thing on our list. I really am getting used to working in it. It is extremely functional - especially when it's only a quick turn around from the stove to the sink. The gas stove is awesome! All of the lower cabinets have pull outs which is great. Perhaps I will paint them white, but for now I will just replace the light fixtures and hardware. The gold really bothers me.

The Bathroom was updated before we moved in. I don't plan on changing anything but the paint. This color beige is awful with the white bead board.

No comments: